Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's Spring...



Open Gardens this Sunday, Aprill 11 at 1137 Stannage Avenue, Albany CA

How are you? It is spring. The flowers are good...between downpours that is. My garden is open this Sunday. Lilies and roses are stepping up to the plate, 'eyes' still shut -- but maybe we will have blooms by Sunday and definitely by May. You are invited. 



Keeyla's Paint-a-Pot workshop at Annie's Annuals

There are planters for sale in the studio. Most of the planters from the garden show are sold and getting repositioned:  new plants, new gardens. Planters do add a lot to your garden. On that note, I will be teaching a paint-a-pot workshop at Annie's Annuals Spring Extravaganza. The workshop is titled "How to Do It, How to Plant it", and it's this Saturday April 10 at 11am. Check out her website for more info.
My new book, Fearless Color Gardens, will be on sale and available for signing.



Secret Gardens of the East Bay 

If you miss the Annie's Annuals event, there is always the Secret Gardens of the East Bay Tour on April 24-25 (last Sunday of April).  The website is here.  Megan's garden will be on the tour. The plants are looking amazing and then we are adding a truckload of Color today. Yesterday, Megan and I stopped for a picnic between nurseries to get hand-signed bottles of wine and we had a wonderful at B Winery. Our plant search for color was 100% a success story with Heucheras being the color stars. Foliage rules in shades of creme brulee and peach melba. We had fun.

You are invited to the Color party.  More containers with plants to match. 


Bring your cameras for all events.

Looking forward to meeting up with you on garden paths this Spring...

Be Colorful, 
Keeyla

2 comments:

Kell said...

I loved your garden in the tour on Sunday. I had a great time looking at everything!

You mentioned - "There are planters for sale in the studio." I was wondering where is this studio? I just love your pots. I saw one at the SF Flower and Garden show in your fabulous display garden that I still think about! Thanks
Kelley

4dogmom said...

Keeyla:
I, too, would be horribly disappointed to find that the Secret Garden Tour would no longer be around!! My biggest disappointed THIS year was that they chose to hold it on Easter Sunday!!! My friends and I usually attend....have done so for several years....but, on Easter!!?!? AND...they did not have a SINGLE announcement in any of our Contra Costa papers as to when it was to be held, as they have in the past. Perhaps they know some people in the media who could help them do a better job of promoting their tour? I, for one, have been on many, many garden tours, and the Secret Gardens is by far one of the very best ever!! Some great promotions would be a good bet for increasing tx sales...especially in this era of "stacations"! :):)
I also love your website :) C.M.