Wednesday, October 14, 2009

October 14, 2009






Megan and I are conjoining over plant collecting. On my list are the grasses Stipa arundinacea - a brilliant orange grass with a wide leaf and another Stipa testacea also in a greenish orange with wiry leaves making for a wiry outlook on life. These two grasses make great garden companions. We are pairing these plants up with a collection of bulbs including ranuncula cafe, tulip gavota, and lily tango series honeybee. Megan's front yard will become a garden gallery for this combo of custardy yellow-oranges and maroons. We are setting this garden tango in motion as we speak. There are two new introductions I found at local nurseries this year. One is a coreopsis, the other is a libertia. (I am going to have to run over to the nursery to complete the names.)

Here are a few "before" pictures that Megan sent over to me to post. (Between putting this blog together, fall soup is bubbling on the stove. The same colors as this garden with yellow orange carrots, shallots, and I still have purply-tinged heirloom tomatoes to chop up for garnish.)






No comments: